admin 发布于 2020-03-18T11:30:47 评论（0） 阅读（50）
强调句(The Emphatic Pattern)是一种修辞，是人们为了表达自己的意愿或情感而使用的一种形式。通过各种方式对句子中的某个部分进行强调，从而起到修辞的作用。 英语常用的强调结构是"It is (was)+被强调部分(主语、宾语或状语)+who (that)..."。一般说来,被强调部分指人时,用who;指事物时用that,但that也可以指人。在美国英语中指事物时常用which来代替that。
例子 It was yesterday that he met Li Ping.
例子 Was it yesterday that he met Li Ping?
例子 When and where was it that you were born?
普通句：He didn't go to bed until/ till his wife came back.
强调句：It was not until his wife came back that he went to bed.
Do sit down. 务必请坐。
Do be careful when you cross the street. 过马路时，务必（千万）要小心啊！
⒈用do\does\did + V可表强调
Some people do believe that nuclear power poses a threat to the world peace.
⒉adv或adj可表强调：Never \ only\ Very
This is the very question that deserves careful analysis.
Taking part-time jobs is never without drawbacks.
What really matters is cooperation.
Little do people take into account the seriousness of this problem.
Nothing is more imperative than to learn from the past.
It is \was +被强调部份+ that \ who +原句剩余部份
It is stability that destroys people’s ambition and barricades people’s steps.
Do write to me when you get there．你到那儿后务必给我来信。
How dare you buy such expensive jewels？你怎么敢买这么贵的宝石呢？
I really don’t know what to do next．我的确不知道下一步该怎么做。
Where in the world could he be？他到底会在哪儿？
How interesting a story it is！这是一个多么有趣的故事啊！
Why！why！The cage is empty！啊！啊！箱子是空的。
On the table were some flowers．桌上摆着一些花。（强调地点）
It was on Monday night that all this happened．所有这一切发生在周一晚上。
1）If从句+I don’t know who/what，etc．does/is/has，etc．
If anyone knew the truth，it was Tom．如果说谁了解事实的真相，那便是汤姆。
It’s because of hard work—ten years of hard work．那是因为艰苦的工作--十年艰苦的工作！
He began the work in late May．他在五月底开始的这项工作。（强调时间）
It was because the water had risen that they could not cross the river。
1. ---Were all three people in the car injured in the accident?---No,___ only the two passengers who got hurt.
A. it was B. there is C. it were D. there was
2. ---Who is making so much noise in the garden? --- ___ the children.
A. It is B. They are C. That is D . There are
3. It was ___ she was about to go out ____ the telephone rang.
A. when ; that B. so; that C. before; then D. when; before
4. It was ___ he said ___ disappointed me.
A. what; that B. that; what C. that; when D. it; when
5.____ that silver is not widely used as a conductor?
A. Why is B. Is it why C. Why is it D. Why is that
6.---I can’t find Mr. Smith .Where did you meet him this morning?--- It was in the hotel ___ he stated.
A. that B which C. the one D. where
7. It was in the small house ___ was built with stones by his father ___ he spent his childhood.
A. which; that B, that ;where C, which; which D. that; which
8. It was ___ it was raining so hard that we had to stay at home all day.
A. since B .for C. as D. because
9. Is ____ three hours ____ the boy ___family is poor to come to school on foot?
A .it ;that; whose B. it; that it takes; whose C. it for ;that it takes; whose D. it; when ;that
10. his wife left him without saying goodbye.
A. that B .which C .when D. in which
11. It is a winter night ___he spent with me last night.
A. that B. where C. as D .when
12It is the young man ___ looked for ___ caught the murderer.
A. that; who B. that; they C. they ;that D they ;which
13. It was ____ my teacher worked ____ I work hard.
A. where; that B. where； where C .that; that D. that ;where
14. It was evening__we reached the little town of Winchester.
A that B. until C. since D. before
15. It was until dark ___ he found ___ he thought was the correct way to solve the problem.
A. that; what B. that; that C. when; what D. when; that
16. It was until last year that he ___.
A. left school for a new start
B .came to realize the importance of learning English.
C. worked as an English teacher at a middle school
D .set out to build a new house of his town.
17、It is the ability to do the job ____ matters ,not where you come from or what you are.
A. one B. that C .what D. it
18. I don’t know ____ that you stay here.
A. how long it is B. how long is it C. it is how long D. is it how long
19、.It was _____ that caused him to serve dinner an hour later than usual.
A. we being late B. our being late C. we were too late D. because we were late
20.---what was the party like?---Wonderful. It’s years _____ I enjoyed myself much.
A. after B. before C .that D. since
(1) It is Li Lei’s brother that you met in the street yesterday. 你昨天在街上所见到的就是李蕾的兄弟。
(2) It is exciting that we have succeeded in sending up Shenzhou V. 我们成功地发射了神舟五号这件事情真令人兴奋。
(1) It is an English book (that / which) I bought yesterday. 它是我昨天买的书。(本句是对What is that?问句的回答，that所引导的是定语从句，that可被省略)
It was the English book that I bought yesterday. 昨天我所卖的就是这本书。(本句相当于对I bought the English book yesterday中an English book进行强调)
It was on that day that people celebrated their victory. 就在那一天，人们庆祝了他们的胜利。(强调on October 1, 1949)
(1) It is such an interesting book that we all like it very much. 它是一本如此有趣的书，我们大家都非常喜欢。(结果状语主从复合句)
It is such an interesting book that we all like very much. 我们大家都非常喜欢的就是一本如此有趣的书。(强调such an interesting book)
(比较：It is such an interesting book as we all like very much. 这就是我们大家都非常喜欢的有趣的书。定语从句)
(2) It was already morning when he woke up. 当他醒来时，已经是早晨了。(时间主从复合句)
It was the next morning that he woke up. 就在第二天早晨他醒来了。(强调the next morning)